Friday, February 1, 2013

Ethan is SIX !

Yesterday, we celebrated this special guy's SIXTH birthday! 

I saw this on my friend's blog and thought it would be fun to do with Ethan....

1. What do you like to do for fun? I like to play the Wii and my DS. And, I like to play soccer. 
2. What is one word to describe you? Kind. {For the record, Colin said "nice" and Cameron said "playful". True, true.} 
3. What was the nicest thing you did for someone? Ummm...I gave someone a present on their birthday.
4. If you could be any animal, which one would you be and why? A bear, 'cause I'd like to be a bear. Me: Why? Ethan: I just do. 
5. If you could have one special power, what would it be and why? I would turn into a guy like Hulk and be really strong but I'd also have a hammer nobody else could pick up. 
 6. Favorite candy? Those green things we had in Missouri that look like popsicles that had sugar on them {rock candy} 
7. What do you want to be when you grow up? A plane driver. 
8. Favorite color? Red.
9. Favorite things to do in school? Music {YES!} 
10. Favorite song? Blessed be Your Name {Double YES} 
11. Favorite book? The ants go marching. 
12. Favorite sport? Soccer 
13. Favorite Drink? Sprite 
14. Favorite Ice Cream? Green mint with the chocolate chips. 
15. What is your favorite food? Tacos and pizza 
16. Favorite Restaurant? Monicals 
17. What is your favorite thing about Colin? That he helps me sometimes when I can't get stuff and I can't do stuff. 
18. What is your favorite thing about Cameron? That he plays with me. 
19. What is your favorite thing about Lola? That she is cute. {Heehee} 
20. What do you love about mom? You make food for me. {Ah. A way to the man's heart....} 
21. What do you love about dad? That he plays with us at night time, he plays basketball in our bedroom and nerf wars. 
22. What are you looking forward to now that you're 6? I can't wait to do stuff when I'm six that I couldn't do when I was five. {Good thought process} 

We went about 9:30 and took--at Ethan's request--some muffins for his class at school. 
Lola was more than a little excited to see him! These two are the best of friends, but can also
 fight like cats and dogs sometimes...depends on their moods! I much prefer the good days :)

Lola was quite the hit with the boys in the class. Oh, dear.

Ethan was very excited to show me his "special birthday chair on the special birthday carpet". *grin*

A birthday crown from his teacher!

First bite of his favorite muffins....

The class all sang to him and he got his "birthday spankings". All in all, a successful morning!

Later that afternoon, I worked on his cake and some accessories. 
I found online how you could dye rice, so Shane worked on that, while I worked on decorating his cake.

Ethan requested a Bowser cake and I freaked out...but then I remembered Pinterest!
Thank you for the inspiration Pinterest!!

We had a lovely dinner....Ethan requested his favorite. Tacos :)

Right after dinner, Ethan got a phone call from Grandpa Danny! 
Then later, Grandma 'Nette and Grandpa.

After that, we started on the presents. We had a bit of catching up to do because
of some sickness over Christmas and Lola's birthday...so she opened a few first.

She's still on that Hello Kitty kick. *grin*

I have to say....I just think that "present-reaction-pictures are priceless! The looks on their faces....
Ethan

Colin

Ethan again

Cameron

and Ethan some more.

Ethan loves sheets....last year, it was Mario Kart, and this year....

Angry Birds!

The best for last--his favorite, Super Mario for his DS.

Then, the rest of the family got here and we started in on Christmas celebrations!
Livy opening her Violet

Aunt Karen and her birthday snuggly blanket (those were 
a popular gift in our house this year, they are the best!)

Soon, Daddy led Ethan in to the kitchen...it was CAKE time!

The finished product. I couldn't wait for Ethan to see it!

His reaction was awesome. I don't think he could even believe it!





We sang Happy Birthday, and he got all the candles out in one whiff.

His birthday was very special....here's to many, many more years with this precious little man!
We love you Ethan!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

E,
I could write and write about all the wonderful things you are. I can't believe you are six but am glad you still poccess qualities that come with your sweet little age. The last pic of you looking at the cake is priceless. You are so serious but your heart is so full of happiness and love. I just love how you get lost with your imagination in the world of your toys. You're smart, sensitive, funny and your cute smile that goes from ear to ear is the best!! I want to listen to you talk all the time because you melt my heart. Happy Birthday and I love you so much and more!
Gma, Jane