Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Welcome to our home

Yesterday, the boys and I did an outdoor project.


I love the Fall season, and it is actually becoming my favorite season as I get older, over summer. I love the cooler temps, being able to open the windows again and turn off the A/C, and watching the leaves turn beautiful colors. I have recently decorated the front of our house with fall items--mums, pumpkins and gourds, straw bales, scarecrows...you get the idea. Colin and Cameron LOVE drawing with sidewalk chalk, and I thought it would be a great idea to have them help me add a home-made touch to our decorations....a Welcome sign on our sidewalk.

So, we did just that.

I drew the outlines of the letters, and the boys picked out different colors of chalk to color the letters in. Colin colored in the letters, while Cameron.....lets just say he colored everywhere BUT the letters. (Ethan watched intently on a blanket next to me. He, however, became quickly bored of the project and decided to get himself on his belly and over to the side of the blanket where he could try to eat some grass.)
I think their masterpiece turned out great, and we had a lot of fun doing it!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your walk looks very nice! I agree it is fun to decorate fall. It used to be my favorite time of year but now that I'm getting older - the fact that it introduces winter kind of puts a damper on it! :)Oh well...