Wednesday, October 17, 2007

If you think of us....

would you say a prayer for our family today?

We have had some serious stomach illness going around the house since late Sunday night. It hit Shane first, and he was really sick until yesterday. (In the nine years that we have been together, he has only thrown up twice, so I know he is bad when that happens!) He is MUCH better now, however, last night Cameron began to show symptoms....I was suspicious that he was coming down with the same thing, and sure enough, he confirmed the suspicion when he threw up all over me in the kitchen (how gross--eww, eww.) and then again a little later that night.

The throwing up has stopped, however, the endless 'pottying' in his diaper has not--and now he has developed a severe diaper rash, and screams and cries when we have to change him. It is heartbreaking. We can't even use wipes, because it burns him so bad--he has to get in the tub. When he is going literally every 10 minutes (I think we went through almost 30 diapers yesterday, and I am NOT exaggerating), it can be a very difficult thing.

The poor child can't even walk right--he is walking on his tip toes so that it doesn't hurt as bad. Ugh, it is just awful to watch your child go through this. :-( Plus, as expected, sleep has been at a minimum for the last 2 days, because of midnight changes and such....so both Shane and I are pretty worn out.

To make matters worse, Ethan has now begun the cycle; no throw up yet, but the pottying and diaper rash have begun.

Poor babies.

Colin and I, so far, have been spared from everything--and I am praying that it stays that way, because Colin and Cameron's birthday party is supposed to be at 5 p.m. on Saturday night. I really hope I don't get sick, and I am hoping even more than that that he doesn't get sick either!

Thank you in advance to all of you who I know are prayer warriors, for lifting us up in prayer!


***Edit: It is about 2 hours after I posted, and I already have additional news. Colin woke from his nap and immediately came out to me, crying, saying he had to go to the bathroom. I followed him, to help, and noticed that he seemed hot to me. I had that 'here it comes again' feeling....and I started to instruct Colin that if his belly started to feel bad, he needed to let me know right away. I wanted to avoid more puke on the couch, if at all possible. So, we talked about it, and he told me that he felt a little sick. (Actually, his exact words were, "Cameron sicked me out with his water." What that means is this--last night, I caught Colin taking a drink of water from Cameron's cup, and I told him that he couldn't drink after him anymore, because Cameron was sick and I didn't want him to get sick too, from Cameron's germs.) So, he proceeded to go out to the living room, and climbed up on the couch. He was there about 2 seconds (yes, the same couch Cameron had been sitting on) when he made a weird noise, and I looked up--just in time to see him puking everywhere. Oh, brother.....here we go again. *sigh*

I am thankful for one thing, however, in all of this--I am glad we are getting the sickness out of the way, so hopefully we will all be able to enjoy our party on Saturday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright dev, what happened! crazy thing... I got sick Sunday night and felt bad again on Monday night. Rog felt sick and karie I thought said the same for Sunday. I thought maybe it was the Giordano's pizza we ate??? Luke has started up his diaper rash again too!!! poor things! Get well soon!!!!