Monday, March 17, 2008

Remembering

Today, I am writing for the benefit of me only....so that in 10 years, I will be able to look back at all the different posts from when the boys were little, and be glad that I didn't neglect to post anything.

Though this post is strictly for my remembrance purposes, I hope you enjoy it too.

There are a few more funny things that Colin has done/said lately:
1. "I want Guhnola cereal mommy." (I think that mispronunciation is so cute.)

2. Today, he asked for 'teeter-totters' for lunch (that would be tater-tots).

3. Colin has had a 'snotty' nose for a couple of days now. As we were sitting in a relatively nice restaraunt on Saturday having lunch, Colin proudly proclaimed, "Look Daddy!" He had blown a snot bubble out of his nose, and it was just sort of sitting there, right above his lip, just glaring at all of us. (For Jason and Roger who are dying to know--it was about the size of a quarter.) While Cameron and Shane were laughing hysterically, I was mortified and quickly asked Shane to "take care of that!" What does he do? Shane proceeds to try to blow it off of Colin's nose, I suppose in hopes that when it released itself, it would fly away into the air like regular bubbles do....

Being the only girl in a house full of boys is hard some days.


4. Colin and Cameron have been learning Ephesians 4:32 this week (video to come soon): "Be ye kind, one to another; tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you." They both had some difficulty remembering the last phrase, so for a few days we just kept repeating it over and over....."Even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you. Even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you. Even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you."

Saturday, we went to the mall for a family outing (they have a great indoor play area at a mall about 30 minutes from us) and eventually we all needed to take a trip to the 'family' bathroom. Colin had to do some business ('nuff said, and gross in a public bathroom, but what do you do?) and when he was done, Shane walked over to him to.....let's just say to do the honors. Colin was on one of those really tiny kid potties, and when he was bent over, he was dangerously close to the floor.

Shane noticed this, and said to him, "Colin, do NOT touch the floor."

(By the way, I would like to take this moment to say that I am so glad that my hubby is as germ-phobic as I am.....)

Anyway, Colin said, "Okay Daddy." He was quiet for a second, then started repeating, "Do NOT touch the floor. Do NOT touch the floor. Do NOT touch the floor.....even as God for Christ's sake has NOT touched the floor."

Shane and I looked at each other and almost died. What this child comes up with....

But I am thankful his memory verses are in the forefront of his mind!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that verse/bathroom thing is just hilarious Dev! I can't stop reading it and laughing about it! you should send that in to the friday funnies for Girl Talk!! Love it! hope everyone is doing great! they all look healthy!

jillybean said...

Yeah, saved the best for last! Very funny!

Kara said...

love them all, but the last one is absolutely hysterical! the things they do come up with!