Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ethan singing

I just have to say before I start this post....this video is one of my favorite videos ever of Ethan.


Ethan loves singing. He loves when I sing, when people sing on the radio, when we sing in church....whatever. Lately, he has gone from only listening to actually participating.


Veggie Tales are always a hit when we watch them, because of all the music in them. He has become particularly fond of a song with a catchy tune....the one from The Ballad of Little Joe.


"Oh little Joooooooooooe, oh little Joooooooooooooe....."


You'll hear me sing that little ditty in the video. He loves when I sing this one, and now he is starting to chime in. It is really cute. I say, "Oh little........" and then he comes in with his version of "Jooooooooooooe....." Hilarious. I just get the biggest kick out of this, and he does too!


Also--for my stepmom Amy, who played that record for me over and over again at Normie's house while she would clean (when I was probably 6--oh yes, I remember) we have begun working on the old favorite, "On top of spaghetti." I was singing this to the older two boys, and Cameron (my resident comic) decided to add two fake sneezes after the first verse. He did it once.....and it caught on. Now, the song can not be sung in our house without the addition of "Ah-choo! Ah-choo!" at the end of the first verse.



On top of spaghetti,

all covered with cheese,

I lost my poor meatball

when somebody sneezed! (***Ah-choo! Ah-choo!**)


Most of the time, the older boys are the ones singing along with me....this day, I happened to catch Ethan doing it on camera! I was thrilled (you know how they never do anything when you hope they will!)


A couple of things to watch for:

  • Ethan chiming in with me on the Little Joe song
  • Ethan communicating with me that he wanted his yogurt (NOW) and exactly where he wanted me to put it....and his displeasure at the fact that I didn't put it in that exact spot :-)
  • How he is sort of displeased and restless, but when I start to sing the spaghetti song, it completely captures his attention
  • His fake sneeze at the end of verse one, complete with the blink!
  • How, when I didn't begin the second verse (oh, yes....there is a second and a third verse to this one! The second verse starts, "It rolled off the table....." and it almost sounds like that is what he is actually saying! But I started back with verse one so he would do the sneezes again *grin*) right away, he started it for me....and in tune at that! :-)

Love it. I just love it.

And now, for your viewing pleasure....



7 comments:

Homegrown Tribe said...

You have such a beautiful family! I love their names. And your blog colors. :)

Anyway, Talk to you soon

Brittany

Anonymous said...

Another one that is just too cute dev! can't wait to see the little ones soon!!!!! I am just getting so excited! Luke has been seeing alot of his cousins around here but he really needs these little guys! rog was saying how he probably won't really know these cousins and I just got upset about that! can't wait for june!

Karie said...

I was able to see a little bit of it, but my computer wasn't downloading it for some reason. He is such a cutie. What a little smart guy. Only 3 1/2 weeks, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Murray Crew said...

Devin - 2 precious 4 words! Smiling as I head to bed. =) Hope you have an outstanding week!

Jen and The Crew

Julie said...

AWWW!!! Puckey & The Jib LOVED watching this one! Especially the sneezes - I think Puckey may have broken my eardrum with her squealing laughter! She also wondered why "that baby is sitting in Jib's seat" (We have one that's really similar to yours)

jillybean said...

Thanks for putting this song in my head. I sang it to Lauren this morning as I changed her diaper. :)

She wasn't quite as amused by it as Ethan is. :)

Kara said...

too cute! we too love to sing here but I am sure I won't be as lucky to get it on camera...also it is bob the builder, which gets annoying really quick!