Thursday, April 8, 2010

This hat

Ethan has this hat.

It's a really cute hat. My neighbor down the street made one for each of our boys this Winter. We have one in blue, one in green, and one in red.


Ethan's is the red one.

I love pretty much anything that is 'homemade' like this, so I instantly fell in love with Judy's hats. Colin and Cam liked them too, and wore them quite a bit.

I begged Ethan to wear his. He would make faces.

He would insist that he was NOT wearing this hat.


The whole Winter--when it was freezing outside--he fought me on this hat.
"Please, Ethan? Please? Look, your brothers are wearing theirs!"
Nope.


Tuesday, it reached almost 80 degrees here. I don't know why. I can't explain it, other than just simply the fact that he wanted to.....but, Ethan put on this hat at around 8 a.m. that morning, and would not, for anything, take the crazy thing off. The entire day. Through a trip to the grocery store, through his nap, through hours of playing outside--with very red cheeks and a sweaty head, mind you--this hat was securely placed right on top of his head.


And, I say this in love, of course....
Brat.


5 comments:

Julie said...

Yep, that's my future son-in-law. He and Jib will be a great pair.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

HA! Silly boy!

Anonymous said...

He is so cheeky I just wanted to squeeze those cheeks!!!! xo

Amanda Hoyt said...

:) Cute pics and story!
BTW, LOVE the new live signature :) <3
sorry if you've had it a while. I have not been able to get here in a bit :)
love ya!

Carolyn said...

Okay - he is the absolute cutest!!!