Monday, April 5, 2010

Through the years

Since Ethan was born, our family has taken a picture every year on Easter morning at church.

Most people know my affinity for matching the boys. It is getting harder and harder to do that, now that Colin and Cameron are growing and into the bigger sizes, but we still manage on some things--like coats, jackets, and occasionally shirts! Easter is no exception.

I love (love love) to coordinate our outfits on Easter!

I am kind of a Nazi about it.
I get all worked up over it.
I shop and shop and shop and shop to find the right things.
I drive Shane absolutely semi-crazy in the process.

Suffice it to say that I get really excited about this process! Not just for the boys' outfits, but for Shane's, and mine, and now Lolee girl's, too.

Especially Lolee girl's. *grin*

Oh, and notice I said, coordinate--it would be impossible to match, but I love to at least aim for the same color family every year! It's made for some great family shots. I thought it would be fun to take a look back over the last four years. . . .

. . . . aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I'm sobbing.


2007
Cameron, 17 months; Colin: 3 years; Ethan, 2 months

2008
Colin, 4 years; Cameron, 2 years; Ethan, 14 months


2009
Ethan, 2 years; Colin, 5 years; Cameron, 3 years

2010
{My favorite picture--for so many reasons!}
Cameron, 4 years; Lola Claire, 2 months;
Colin, 6 years; Ethan, 3 years
{Oh yeah: and Shane--handsome as ever}


{My, how time does fly. . . .}


5 comments:

Megan Ashley said...

Adorable!

Kara said...

Okay that made me teary too...must be the preggo hormones!

I might just have to *borrow* that idea :)

I get the same way! I totally freaked last week when I realized I had not found the boys ANYTHING! I sent my mom to OKC fast and she came up with the boys shirts. I had NO options and Cory just doesn't get into the matching/coordinating, but as long as the boys look cute right?!?!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Awww, so precious!

Julie said...

I used to dress the kids matchy-matchy, but now the big ones refuse to participate. HA!

However, I DO often still dress the little girls in coordinating outfits, so I get to milk my matchy obsession for at least a little while longer. I think next year I'm going to go for a black & white theme for all of us. Is it too early to start planning? :)

Nic said...

You all look super adorable!!