Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Also known as JEWS

A few weeks ago--the same week the Bears lost to the Packers in the division playoffs--Cameron came out of Sunday school and proclaimed that he was learning about "Queen Hester".

Forgive him--he had Bears on the brain.

The children have been continuing to study the story of Esther, the King, Mordecai, and Haman. Today at the doctor's office, we were talking all about it.

Cameron: "Mom, did you know that in Esther, there is a bad guy?"

Me: "Yes, I sure did. Do you remember what his name was?"

Cam: "Yes.  It was Haman."

Me: "That's right. And can you tell me why it is that he was bad? What did he do that was not the right thing?"

Cameron: "Well, he was trying to get the king to kill all the jewels in the land."



4 comments:

Leanne said...

Devin, do I dare tell you that throughout my childhood, my mom was a RABID football fan, and we watched TONS of football, and I wonder it you'd still like me if I told you I was a huge Packers fan for most of my life, until we got rid of the TV??

I just want you to know everything about me......

AND we watched the Super Bowl at Dave's Dad's, and I have to say, I was a bit outspoken about it.....

Dave had to tell me to just calm down a number of times!!!

So, can we still be friends????????

HA.

You know, the blog is the perfect place to record all those strange things the kids say every day.....I tell ya, I guffawed out loud when I read this post!

Thank God for our kids!!!

Jenny said...

LOL!!!

Kathy said...

So funny!! Love that kid.

A Joyful Chaos said...

So precious! Love it!