Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Musings

I....

~want to thank everyone for all the kind comments on our 'news'. We are so excited, and it's so nice to know that there are so many other people who are excited with us and for us!

~cried when I dropped Colin off at school this morning. I wasn't feeling overly emotional, but he jumped out of the car and ran up to the building like such a big boy. All of a sudden, he stopped, turned around, and gave me a big smile and a wave. And I hadn't even told him to do that. It just....got me. I miss him.

~am amazed, but Cameron is now training-wheel free--at three! Colin was out of training wheels at three, but I just didn't see that coming with Cameron. Shane was confident that he could do it, however, and he took them off yesterday. Cameron took off for the first time like he had been riding for years. We took a long, long ride around the neighborhood today, and he did great. I'm so proud of him!

~am having trouble being creative when it comes to packing lunches everyday. I pack one for Shane, and one for Colin. I would
love suggestions of what you pack in your lunches--I'm desperately seeking variety!

~am hooked on my raspberry sweet tea right now.
Mmmmmmm.

~am going to bed earlier and earlier these days. 6:30 a.m. start + two very energetic boys + no nap + growing a person = one tired momma!

~am astonished at how rapidly my bladder is shrinking. Oy.

~am totally coveting:
Say it with me now....awwwwwwww!!

And tights!? I've just discovered these!
{I'm in trouble....}
And matching pj's....
{on clearance, no less!}
*sigh*

Happy Monday everyone!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Cute clothes! I was going to call you today and tell you: DO NOT GO TO ELDER-BEERMAN!! They have CUTE baby girl clothes. The Carter's clothes were so pink and brown and girly!!! I had to make myself leave the baby girl section! :)

Julie said...

The outfits are adorable! I'm telling ya, you are going to go broke on her! *grin*

Too crazy that Cami is training wheel free, Kylie is 6 and still has them! ...she is also coordinated as her mother, and can only ride circles in the garage (the rocks on the driveway are too thick and they can't move)! At this rate she is going to be in 3rd grade before she learns!!

I see that you updated the side bar too, I was wondering when you were going to get around to doing that. 'Hi Peanut!'

I'm not so great with the lunches either, I just give the usual stuff sandwich, fruit roll up (and that sort of thing), fruit, yogurt, jello, rice crispy treats, handful of nuts ...not at the same time though! I do write on their baggies though. Not every day, but it's fun to find a note in there every once in a while and writing it on the baggie keeps it from getting lost (or wet and runny).

Julie said...

See, I told you having a girl would be easy!! :) You just wait - there are SO many cute girl things out there you're not even going to know what to do.

YAY for Cami riding 2-wheel! That's great!

As for lunches - it IS hard to get a decent variety in a lunch. I find it especially hard because I have a houseful of picky eaters. However, some suggestions from when I was a kid....

Peanut butter & graham cracker "sandwiches".

PB & celery (add raisins if Col likes them)

Cut sandwiches into shapes to make them more fun - they have cutters especially made for that purpose too...

Cuties - easy to peel and most kids love them.

OH OH OH, I JUST HAD A GREAT IDEA!! Make a "menu" of lunch items, then have Colin place an "order" the night before. You could make up names for different sandwiches. Have a fruit or veggie side. Couple different choices of beverage. That would be SO fun!

Hope those ideas helped a little.

And yes, we ARE excited for your newest addition!!

Shelly said...

have you seen this website? i love seeing what other people make their kids for lunch!

http://bentolunch.blogspot.com/

Nancy said...

First, congratulations!!!! We are SO excited for you!! I can't wait to hear what you choose for her name!

I LOVE the cute clothes!!! Believe me, it is so hard to walk into ANY store and not come out with girl clothes! :) Even our boys are terrible about begging - "Mommy, we NEED this for Beka!"

Way to go Cameron!! Our older two were 5 and 6 before they lost their training wheels, and the younger two still have them.

Lunches....ugh! The usual sandwich, veggies, fruit, yogurt, pudding, etc. I do sometimes use up leftover hot dog buns and make mini sub sandwiches. Zac also likes breakfast bars for lunch. Ditto Julie on writing notes on lunch bags...works well! And I'm going to have to check out the website Shelly posted. Good luck!

Hugs,
Nancy

Kara said...

now i too am coveting girl clothes and we aren't even preggo yet :) too cute! we will have to chat again soon...it made my weekend :)

Anonymous said...

I am loving this new season of girlie clothes so much words cannot describe!! And I get to match the girls! Lucky for me Chloe loves to match and Sophie doesn't have a say yet :)

So excited for Cameron! Way to go!! He can so many more motocross stunts now!!

You look SO cute!!! With little girl Merritt stickin' out there!

Love ya guys!

Mindy said...

Just saw your news! CONGRATULATIONS.....and as the mom of three girls let me tell you -- tights and bows -- they will get your every time. I have the opposite of you -- three girls and my baby is a boy. I'm having fun shopping for him but I will say there are just so many more choices for Girls....OH and the shoes! THe shoes will get you too!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!