Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What on earth is this thing? And where did it come from?

Tonight, as we were loading everyone into their seats to head home from church, I looked down at the floor of the van.

My eyes spotted something they didn't recognize, so I picked it up and turned it over.

A decoration?

A.....button, maybe?

I had no idea.

And, from where?

"What in the world...." I muttered under my breath.

"What, Momma?" asked Cameron, who was about a foot away from me.

"Well....what is this?"

Enter my searching the van for clues here.

"It looks like (look on the car seat)......a button (check my pants)....or (search the floor)....something, but (check Ethan's and Cameron's pants) ....I have (check Colin's pants).....no idea where on earth (check Lola's car seat) ....it came from...."

I looked and looked.

No idea.

Then, Cameron pipes up.

"Mom....that's the button from Lola's diaper bag."

I check the only thing I didn't before. Sure enough.

"Cameron, you're exactly right!"

I almost couldn't believe it.

How did he know that?

I climbed into the front seat.

"Did you hear that?" I asked Shane. "Cameron knew that that was the button for Lola's diaper bag. Huh."

And then, my smart-aleck-in-the-making piped up from the backseat:

"Yeah. Can't get nothin' over on me."



1 comments:

Kara said...

I think I am going to say it again and again until you do it...WRITE A BOOK...you know in all your spare time :) He is so funny, would love to hear the wisecracks your 3 and mine would come up with if together for a day! Miss you friend, and don't forget the PAINT COLORS:)