Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My first Mother Daughter banquet

Well, obviously....it wasn't my first Mother Daughter banquet.

I've celebrated six wonderful years as a Mother....

....but this was the first year I got to celebrate having a daughter.


Lola was just as excited as I was! *grin*


Before our meal, one of many "grandmas" at church snagged her for a look-see....


Then, we snapped a picture--three generations!
(I wish you were here Granny. I miss you.)

(By the way--THANK you again, Julie W., for Lola's amazing dress!
It was perfect for this special day!!)

Have I ever mentioned before how wonderful my mother is? She held the little miss for me the entire banquet, and I got to eat hot food with two hands!!


Oh, and...she has a knack for putting Lolee girl to sleep.
Out....


Really out.


Then, it was upstairs for the program and speaker.
I snapped a pic with my second favorite little girl! *love you Miss B!!*


Ahhh...the sister Lola will never have. *grin*


I tried to take a few more pictures, but Lola just kept giving me
this "would you stop with that thing, Mom? Seriously." look.


We had a wonderfully funny play....


...Lola thought it was good.
I guess.


She really did watch the ladies intently!


I only got a couple of stray glances--she was perfectly content with Grandma Jane.
And her thumb.


It was a great morning...and I'm looking forward to many more just like this!




7 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

Oh my gosh all of these pics of Miss LC are just adorable, Dev!!!
Love the one where we're not sure she was happy or upset! LOL
Too cute :)

Julie said...

I love it Dev!! I was wondering what happened to the dress :0) She looks amazing! I wish our church did a Mother/Daughter banquet...

Julie said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. And of course, you look BEAUTIFUL Momma!!

Mamasita Chimichanga said...

Lovin' those pictures of Miss Lola! She is a photogenic little thang!!! =)

Karie said...

Oh my goodness. I could eat her up! You look so good too Dev.

Mindy said...

That is so sweet!!!! We don't have a Mother/Daughter Banquet here at our church but my Mom's church does. maybe one day I will get to take my girls to that.
She is so cute!!!! And you look like you were positively glowing!

in HIM-
Mindy

Kathy said...

I'm finally getting the chance to read one of my favorite blogs!

That girl. The dress. You ladies. Love it! What a great time for you all. She is getting so big!!! She is so beautiful. This absolutely made my heart smile.