Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Age in the eyes of a three-year-old

For some reason, cutting toenails around here always equals hilarity.

I don't exactly know why....but the boys have this habit of doing things or saying things that are either hilarious right at that moment, or are not-so-funny right then but hilarious later.

Today, it was Ethan.

I clipped Colin's toes, clipped Cameron's toes, and then moved on to the littlest brother.

Ethan just sat and watched what I was doing with amazement.

"Whatcha doin', Mommy?"

"Well, E Ry, Mommy is clipping your toenails."

"Oh."

A few seconds go by, and then he starts again.

"Mommy....why are you clipping my nails?"

"Because they are long, buddy. They have to be clipped every couple of weeks or they get yucky."

A few more seconds pass.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, bud?"

"Who clips your nails?"

"Well," I replied, "I do!"

It was at this moment that I decided to stop and look up at my little three-year-old--who, at that second, had a face filled with wonder.

"You do!?" he said.

And in the next moment, he replied:

"You are old enough to clip your own nails!?"



1 comments:

Julie said...

SO cute. Love that boy! Well, okay, I love ALL your boys....