Friday, February 22, 2008

Don't say it...

You know how you say things like, "Boy, I haven't been sick in a really long time!" or "Man, my face has been really clear lately!".....

....and then the very next day, you get a sinus infection/bronchitis or wake up with 6 pimples on your face?

I swear, this always happens to me. I have told Shane so many times, usually after one of the above examples or something similar happens to me, "I am never going to say stuff like this ever again, because as sure as I do, it happens."

Well........

Remember my post from just yesterday? All the great progress we are making with Cameron on potty training? (Do you see where I am going yet?)

We have had so many great days in a row with Cameron going to the potty. We keep telling him what a big boy he is, and how great he is doing. Well, I think that maybe we told him just a few times too many, because last night, he decided that he was a big enough boy that he could go all by himself.

Now, many of you know Cameron. Of all my children, he is my--well, roughest is the word that comes to mind. He doesn't walk around things, he walks over them. He considers 'playing with you' to be running from the other side of the room and slamming into your thigh muscle and then laughing hysterically while you are on the ground, moaning, and rubbing said muscle. (Yes, this just happened this morning.) He just is a bit brute-like......notice, I did NOT say he was a brute, because I hate when people label children like that. You can not simply take one of his characteristics and lump all of his others into that one. It just doesn't fit. He is very gentle and caring in many ways, (like after he realized that I was really hurt, he came over to me and, patting my back, said, "I sorry mommy, okay mommy?") but he can be so rough in others. Anyway.....

So, Cameron tells Shane that he needs to go potty, but Shane was busy at the moment. He told him that he would take him in just a minute. That answer apparently did not satisfy Cameron. The little stinker didn't come looking for me to help him, either (I was busy in the other bathroom anyway). Instead, Cameron took it upon himself to: 1. go into the hall bathroom, 2. put up the toilet seat, 3. step up on his stool, and 4. go pee-pee.

Miss any steps there?

In case you haven't figured it out yet, he forgot to pull down his pants and his underwear. So, he stood there, right in front of the potty, and peed right in his pants.

Of course, as soon as he realized what was going on, he knew something was wrong and began crying hysterically.....both Shane and I came flying into the bathroom, to the rescue, and reassured him that this was only an accident, but that he was never, ever to go to the potty without Mommy or Daddy helping him, ever again.

I'm NEVER telling anyone when Ethan potty trains....

3 comments:

Kara said...

Okay, I know that is frustrating but at least he tried by himself! That is too cute!

Julie said...

Poor guy! He probably felt terrible about that, didn't he?

I guess you could look on the bright side - he didn't have to poop. ;0)

The Boe's ~ said...

Oh my word...I haven't checked blogs lately and I see I have missed out on yours.....Where do I sign up on this "skinny-hot-mamma-for-summer" series!!!!!!!!!