Sunday, February 10, 2008

Granny Franzi

I'm posting this because I think it is neat.

This is a picture of my Grandma Franzi--my mom's mom--and I when I was one year old (so, about 28 years ago.) I'm the grouchy looking one on the left, by the way.



This is a picture of my Grandma Franzi and I now:

She really is an amazing lady, and I thought that the fact I have these pictures is so very cool. (Thanks mom, for doing that for me!) The boys love her too....they call her "Granny", which is the reason I titled the post the way I did. She is an older Grandma, so I am really thankful that she is able to be around for my boys--they love her!


I am really lucky to have had her around for the last 29 years. She is 88 now....and more special with everyday that goes by! She will never see this, but I thought I would let you all know what a great lady she is and how much she means to me! She has taught me so much.


(**I love you Grandma Franzi**)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Your grandmother looks like she hasn't changed much in the last 28 years!!!

Anonymous said...

That is just great dev! I loved my great grandma and had her til about 2 years ago now. she was a month away from her 95th bday. If your boys love her now wait til they get a bit older then they will think she is just everything!!!

Edlow said...

You are so very blessed to still have her around! My kids have a set of great grandparents that are still around, but more than that they are still very active! My oldest goes to their house to spend the night alone all the time! It is such a special thing to have a detailed memory of a great grand parent!

I also agree with your friend Julie! Grandma Franzi looks exactley the same!