Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Samson


Colin has recently become fascinated with the Bible character Samson. (If you don't happen to know the story of Samson, you can click that link for a very quick synopsis of his life.)


He asked me to tell him the story one day....and he just sat in utter disbelief as I described Samson and the incredible strength that God had given to him. As soon as I finished telling him the story, he asked:


"Mommy, can you tell it again?"


So, I told it again.


"Mommy, can you tell it again? Please? Puh-lease?!


So, I told it one more time.


Colin just thinks Samson is the coolest.



***************************************************************************************************************


Today, in the car on the way home (and completely out of nowhere), Colin said to me:


"Mom, someday, when Grandma Jane dies....she will get to see her daddy up in heaven!"


I was a bit taken aback at that statement. We do talk about dying and heaven freely around here, so it didn't really surprise me that he had asked about either of those things; it did surprise me, however, that he had put two and two together to realize that when Grandma MJ went to heaven, she would see her daddy there. We hadn't really ever discussed that aspect of heaven before.


But I took that opportunity right then and there to begin that discussion.


"Colin, do you know who else we will see there?"


"Who?" he asked me.


"Well....we'll see Jesus there."


"Yep. I know that." Apparently he has it down pat that both God and Jesus live in heaven. So, I moved on.


"Do you know who else we'll see? Moses!"


"Moses!!" he said.


"Yep. And, Noah, and...."


And, before I could finish naming off a few more familiar Bible characters, Colin said:


"Oh, Mommy. Do you know who I want to see in heaven? I want to see Samson! I'm going to take off my shirt and show him all of my huge muscles!!"




*I'm still dying over this one....*



8 comments:

Amanda said...

that's awesome!!!

Julie said...

It's always so fun when they start putting more complex thoughts together and can tell you about them...

Are we going to be seeing any pictures of Colin sporting some "Samson-esque" muscles anytime soon??? (What would be great would be to get him one of those muscle suits...)

Kara said...

I am busting up over here...can't wait to see those muscles! I think it would be great to get him a muscle shirt!

Kirst said...

cute!

Nancy said...

Love it!! :)

Brittany said...

Hilarious!

Karie said...

Oh, that is so cute. Reese says Colin has huge muscles too.

Sharon said...

So funny! Colby told me the other day he would miss me when I went to heaven. Then he asked if I would go to heaven when he was six. Yikes Colby, I sure hope not!