Thursday, March 5, 2009

Latest project

I've casually mentioned a couple of times on Facebook that we've been "working" on a new project around here.


My cousin Haley decided that, for her daughter Kaylee's 10th birthday, she was going to give her a new, big-girl bedroom. That meant a complete makeover--new paint, new bedding, new furniture, new lighting, newly reorganized closet (and we know what Shane can do with a closet)--you know, the works!


So, Haley asked Shane to build Kaylee a new bed. It wasn't just any old bed--it was a loft bed, complete with roll out desk and two bookshelves! Then, she asked him to install new lighting, build an entertainment unit for Kaylee's TV and fish tank, and redo her closet!


Whew.


I'm tired just thinking back on it....*giggle*


Anyway, Shane got to work, and I was even able to pitch in in a few, no-need-for-a-master-carpenter-type ways.


{Yeah.....I painted. So what? Painting takes some skill.....oh, whatever.}


Anyway, the room turned out great. Haley and Kaylee were both more than thrilled, and that was what was most important! Here are a few pictures of the final result!!



Desk in
(you can see the two bookshelves underneath as well)


Desk out! (Oh, yeah...and Shane built that ladder, too!)



Top of the bunk with new bedding
(It is a bit difficult to see--since the bed and the wall that the bed
is on are both the same color--but the bed actually goes up the wall.
You can see where it ends--right underneath all her picture frames.)

Top of the bunk, side view, with desk pulled out


Cute little entertainment unit!


And the finished product, complete with a beautiful new light!



This ensemble just screams "Pottery Barn", doesn't it?


{I want one....}


18 comments:

Jen said...

Her room looks awesome! The bed is great! I want one!

The Swenson Family :) said...

I LOVE IT!!! It's even PINK! My FAVORITE!

Shelly said...

that looks AMAZING! love love love it!

Nancy said...

All I can say is....WOW! Shane is one very talented craftsman!!

Robin Bair said...

I love it........and i love pink and brown. :)

Julie said...

Wow! That is awesome! Shane did a great job (and so did the painter!) So how long will it take him to do bunk beds for Brody?? :0)

Julie said...

That is the kind of bedroom I always wanted when I was young, so I'm just gonna live vicariously through these pictures for a few minutes, okay??

You two did a GREAT job! It looks fantastic. Now I know why you've been so busy lately! What a fun project - I'm sure your cousin was just thrilled.

Kirst said...

All I can say is Wow! Shane is so talented.
It does look like something from pottery barn.

asplashofsunshine said...

LUCKY GIRL!

Anonymous said...

CUTE! so um... why is shane not in a business of his own yet?? I mean seriously? send those pics out to tlc or something!!!! And I am not just saying that because he's my bro in law!

Amanda said...

that's awesome!!!

Lost My Mind said...

WOW!!! WOW!!!! I want that room!! It is Awesome.

Grandma MJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma MJ said...

What an awesome bedroom! Great job Shane and Dev!

The Boe's ~ said...

Again.......great job Shane!

Brittany said...

That is awesome! My dd would LOVE that!

Brittany said...

That is awesome! My dd would LOVE that!

Kathy said...

Holy cow that's fantastic!!!

Where do I put my order in?!?!

Much love friend.
xoxo