Saturday, September 20, 2008

I think I can, I think I can.....

We visit a local park every so often that has this weird twisty-climby-holey thing for the kids. From my vantage point--the bench about 15 feet away--it seems to be a fairly difficult object for the children to figure out. Most of the kids I have witnessed get up, huff and puff, grunt, and huff and puff again before giving up and jumping to the ground to go and play on something that is actually fun and not work elsewhere.


Colin doesn't give up so easily. It's a great character trait, for the most part. Except, of course, during the times when he seriously takes forever trying to convince me to change my mind about something I've already said "No" to; or to tell me the 97 reasons why he just needs to do something. He usually presents his case in a respectful and courteous manner, so I try to make sure I hear him out each time. It can be like, a 20-minute process to get to the final, "Colin, my answer is no, okay buddy?"



*Sigh.* I digress. Anyway....


Colin has tried all summer to master climbing this twisty thing.


On our last trip there, he did it.



Persistence paid off....the satisfaction is quite evident in the grin on his face at the bottom.


Here it is--proof, in pictures!


By the way....getting down was a whole other story.....


3 comments:

lots_of_love_four_kids said...

WOW! Good for him! that thing looks scary! You wouldn't catch me trying it- but I bet that my kids would want to try it too! Yeah Colin! Have a great day!
-Jenni

Anonymous said...

Wow! what in the world is that thing? goodness. I guess if you put it in a town center its art but if you put it in a park-then it's a toy to climb on. way to go colin

Kathy said...

Adorable..what a little stud!