Friday, May 22, 2009

Blast from the past Friday: Colin's early baths at Grandma 'Nette's

Hi everyone, and welcome! You have arrived at my Friday blog carnival called "Blast from the past Fridays"--which gives me (and you!) a chance to remember what on earth life looked like before the blogosphere. Hope you've come over to join the fun!

Please remember the rules: just add your comment at the bottom to let us know you are joining in (I'm still trying to figure out Mr. Linky, so please bear with me on that), post your Blast from the Past story (click for guidelines if you're new), pictures, or video on your own blog, and then link your blog back here so others can join in the fun as well. This has been so much fun so far--I can't wait to read all of your posts today!


************************



This week, as I've been looking over some of my old pictures and crying about where my babies have gone enjoying all the memories, I kept coming back to these pictures of Colin and Shane's mom, "Grandma 'Nette".



When Colin was really little, Grandma 'Nette used to give him baths in the sink at her house.



Now, I realize this is not something that is out of the ordinary--many people start out giving their babies baths in the sink. Then, when they get to be a few months old and they are too big to fit in the sink anymore, you move them to the big bathtub.



Not Colin.



For the longest time, he insisted that, whenever we went to Grandma 'Nette's house, he would get a bath in her sink.



Even though he was more than two years old. Even though he had been taking 'big boy showers' since he was just a few months old at our house. Even though Grandma 'Nette had a shower and a bathtub of her own that he could easily use. Even though he was much, much too big and could barely squeeze in that crazy sink.



When Colin makes up his mind about something, he is pretty insistent about it.


He would bathe in about four inches of water, and then stand up to get washed and rinsed.


He would also be half frozen by the time he was done with his bath, but he didn't really seem to mind that little tidbit too much. The kid had the time of his life in that little sink.
The blue fingers and lips were, apparently, very worth it.


Lynette did better than I ever could. She covered the kitchen TV and the counters with towels, and she kept most of the water inside the sink--but it still somehow always made quite the mess, which she would dutifully clean up afterwards.


I can't imagine the reason why she continued to go to all that effort, can you?



Ok.
Well, maybe I can imagine why.
It'd be hard to turn that face down as a Grandma, huh?




5 comments:

Sharon said...

okay, I posted mine. Colin is so cute! What grandma's will do for their grandchildren.

Julie said...

I see it now!! YEAH! What a cutie...

I posted mine too.

Jen said...

Look at little Colin! That is too funny. Do you think she would still let him bathe in the sink? Ha! I posted mine. I have spent the last 45 minutes looking at pics!

Jen said...

Look at little Colin! That is too funny. Do you think she would still let him bathe in the sink? Ha! I posted mine. I have spent the last 45 minutes looking at pics!

Grandma Nette said...

I certainly would let him if he asked. Where did the time go? It seems like yesterday. I love you Colin:) XXXXOOOO