Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My special day

I had the most wonderful Mother's Day.


The day started out with gifts from my boys and Shane: two great cards {very, very important in my book}; a very spiffy top which I immediately put on and wore to church, the sweetest book ever, and some new jewelry. I loved everything! We headed off to church and after the service, just when I was trying to figure out what in the world I could throw together planning for lunch at home, Shane surprised me by saying he had reservations at 1 o'clock at a very fancy, special restaurant!


We had a few minutes before it was time to leave, so we headed over to my mom's house and snapped a few pictures:

Mom and the boys


Me and My Mommy--so appreciative of her and all that she does!
You know this guy! What a wonderful, special day he provided me with.
Love. him.

Then, it was off to the restaurant. We threatened the boys with major repercussions if they didn't behave like angels here talked to the boys about what it means to eat at a fancy restaurant, and told them all about being on their best behavior. Which, I am so excited to say--THEY WERE! They all behaved so, so well, and that made a wonderful meal even better!


Sweet E Ry, whose meal consisted mostly of oyster crackers, croutons from Daddy's salad, freshly baked bread (yum), and french fries. Look how happy it made him.
They say that with children, you "pick your battles".
Ethan was happy--and quiet. We decided that this was not the day to fight him over food.
The kid loves carbs. I can't say that I blame him....he ate, loved it, and today we are right back on track trying to force those proteins and veggies down him. *giggle*



Colin is a chip off the ol' block when it comes to food. He didn't want any of those 'cheap' kids meals....we gave him his choice, and he selected "Shrimp, please!"


Certainly. The most expensive kids meal they had.


Just like his Momma.
Bloomingdale's taste on a Big Lots budget.
The story of my life.
Cameron did so well. I don't know what it is about Cameron, but it really is a struggle for him to just be still. He just constantly wants to be on the move! Especially in a restaurant...but he did great! He read, played with cars....oh, and ate. That kid can eat.


{Also, just like his Momma. Ahem.}
Grandma MJ and Cam
Ethan and Daddy snuggling.
Ethan, I suspect, was crashing from a carb/sugar high about this time.
He perked up for one more photo, though. Maybe two more.


What a very special, meaningful day. I loved every single minute of it! Hope your day was great as well--Happy Monday everyone!



5 comments:

Julie said...

So glad you had an awesome Mother's Day!!

I'm right there with you on the big budget taste with small budget budget...LOL!!

Laura said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I was thinking about you all weekend. It looks like you had a great time!

Sharon said...

Love the pics. You guys are all so cute! Glad you had such a great Mother's Day!

Rachel said...

Happy Mother's Day! Glad you had a special day with your boys!
Rachel

Amanda Hoyt said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Mommy's Day!
Great pics!
Hugs,
Amanda