Friday, October 15, 2010

Remembering

Go ahead and mention my child,
The one that died, you know.
Don't worry about hurting me further.
The depth of my pain doesn't show.
Don't worry about making me cry.
I'm already crying inside.
Help me to heal by releasing
The tears that I try to hide.
I'm hurt when you just keep silent,
Pretending she didn't exist.
I'd rather you mention my child,
Knowing that she has been missed.
You asked me how I was doing.
I say "pretty good" or "fine".
But healing is something ongoing
I feel it will take a lifetime.
~ Elizabeth Dent ~



Remembering Baby Merritt
12.12.07
 {In Heaven...and always in my heart }

Today is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.

For Lilliana; my two nieces/nephews; Major;  Noah; Asher and Isaac; Annabelle; Maddox; Audrey; Leah; Levi; Janie and her siblings; Tristan and Elliot and Copeland and Poppy Joy and Mary Grace and Jacob Ryan; Tabitha; Hope and Love; Joy and Faith Eliza; Mazie Olivia; Daniel Joseph; Isabella Leigh....for my sweet baby--who I still miss today more than words can express--and the many, many other babies who have gone to Heaven before we wanted them to, I hope you'll have a listen to this powerful song, which reflects the attitude of my own heart so very well:




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

(You can also view the video of the family that inspired this song--Todd (of Selah) and Angie Smith, and their little girl, Audrey, who lived for four hours after she was born--here.)

‎"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted. He rescues those who are crushed in spirit."
Psalm 34:18


5 comments:

Meghann said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my page - and for including my Leah in your remembrance post! Your family is beautiful, and I will most definitely check in often!
Blessings to you!
-Meghann

Kathy said...

Tears. Seriously. Thinking of all the babies that have gone before us. Longing for the day when all that is wrong will be made right.
Love you friend. Remembering with you. xo

Amanda Hoyt said...

Devin,
I was just able to post a comment here and wanted to let you know that reading this post once again reminds me that my little baby is remembered. Always. And that warms my heart. I will always remember your Baby Merritt. He or She would have been so blessed to have you as his or her mom on this earth. I know, as that poem says, that the healing will take a lifetime. I'm so glad I have you here with me to heal with and to share with.
Love you sweet friend

Jen said...

Thinking of you and all the other mommies and daddies that have lost precious little ones. . .

Anonymous said...

Dev- you are so thoughtful. I just read your post about the babies. Thank you so much for remembering Annie and Daniel. I will have to let Annie know that you posted this. AT&T somehow messed up their internet connection at home so they are w/o internet for now.
Love the song by Selah- I read Angie's book about a month ago. She's a sweet gal. siob