Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Yes" Mom challenge: Somewhere around Day 21

A few days ago, the boys and I packed a bag, headed to meet Daddy for a yummy lunch, and then did almost the unthinkable:


Skipped naps.


Alright. I'm stretching a bit. We majorly delayed and shortened naps....but it was a BIG "yes" for this nap-lovin' Momma.


There is a splash-ground that is about 20 minutes from our house, and the boys love to play there. Problem is, it is usually majorly crowded. If you don't get there by 10: 02 (the water turns on at 10 a.m.) you have to fight 437 other children to play.


It always makes me nervous because my boys are still little....and sometimes, the kids that come to play are, well, not so little.


Either way, we ventured to the splash-ground. And, we were pleasantly surprised to find only three other children there! The boys had an absolutely wonderful time, and I got several great pictures!

Ethan didn't care for the brightness of the sun, nor the chill of the water....so he looked like this most of the time the older boys were splashin' around


Cam running through the water tube


Col splashing around


Cam shooting the water gun.....


....and blasting Col in the process!
Cheesin' for Mom
Cam's precious little grin
I certainly didn't mind all the cuddle time with Ethan....
After the boys were blue and wrinkly from the water done at the splash-ground,
we headed to the park to dry off a bit.

Sliding


Apparently, the slides were a bit hot!


Cameron makin' this momma nerrrrrrrvous


E climbing--this boy is 1/4 monkey, I do believe....


We had a great time, and the boys napped like champs later--even if it was quite a bit shorter than usual!

4 comments:

Karie said...

That looks SO fun. We have a couple of those by our house, but they are crazy expensive. I think going once in awhile though would be worth it. Colin's face when he came down the slide was priceless.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

HA!! We are SO much alike :)

Loving our monkey boys, experiencing daily heart tremors for the actions of said monkey boys, savoring the ever-welcome occasional snuggle or cuddle, and last but certainly not least, hanging onto naptime as long as we possibly can - I had my 6- and 8-year-olds napping the other day to catch up on ZZZs!! (No, that doesn't happen regularly, but was necessary that day.)

Keep on savoring that summer fun!!

Mamasita Chimichanga said...

I enjoyed your pictures! Give me a call or text me sometime and I will meet ya up there! Even if it's last minute! I can go with the flow and skip naps too! =)

Kacy =)

Kathy said...

So fun! Looks like a great time!