Friday, September 11, 2009

Incredibly thankful ..... and 21 weeks

I couldn't be more thankful that his little mind thinks this way. God has richly blessed me....

****************************************************************************************************************

Friday is show-and-tell day in Kindergarten.

Bright and early this morning, Colin came into my room, and snuggled with me in bed. It's the most wonderful couple of minutes before the lightning fast pace of the morning officially begins.

"Mom?" he said.

"Yeah, babe?" I replied.

"I decided what I am going to take for show-and-tell today. Grass."

"Grass? Really? Well, what are you going to say about the grass?"

"Well," he said, "I'm just going to tell everyone that God made the grass. And, I think I will take some rocks, too. And maybe some sticks. He made those. And a few leaves. And some dirt...."

"He made all of those things, didn't he buddy?" I said.

"Yep! And I'm going to tell everyone about that, just in case they don't go to church on Sunday and haven't learned it already!"

And all I could think to myself was,

What a great thing for show and tell, my love. Nothing better you could ever tell those kids about than Jesus.

****************************************************************************************************************


And, just for good measure: a 21-week belly picture!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!


10 comments:

Julie said...

TEARS....I love your family!!

Check you out pretty momma! You look GREAT...and in case Shane hasn't told you, YES, your tummy is that big. LOL

Kara said...

That is awesome Dev! What a heart for God, I love it!

And love your smile this time :) You look great and I love your *little* tummy!!

Hannah said...

What a great little guy.

And you look fabulous, Devin!

Robin Bair said...

I love it when kids are excited about God. I showed my husband the video of your son saying Psalm 23...it brought me to tears. So sweet. My husband has been giving messages at our church and is involved with childrens ministry there. He said he'd LOVE to use this video to open up a sermon. I feel kinda weird asking but this is just too precious....and what an encouragement to parents to teach their children the word of God. Could we share it? I'd love to share it on my blog too with your permission of course. :)

You look beautiful btw...love that shirt. I'd wear it without being pregnant. ;)

Homegrown Tribe said...

love it!

and what a beautiful baby belly! :)

britt

Carolyn said...

What a great moment - very cool. How did show-and-tell go for him that morning?

You look so happy - love it! Any name ideas for this little GIRL - I am still amazed!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Love it when kids talk about God in the everyday stuff!

And you look gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

I love kids and their child like faith. They teach me so much!

You look great. Love the hair

Amanda Hoyt said...

You look great and Congrats!!
Have a great weekend too!
Hugs,
Amanda

Leanne said...

I've been out of the loop for days because my laptop was down!!! I lost alllll of my favorite blogs, agony!! But now I've got them all up again, and I added you to my sidebar on my blog, now that I know how to do that!! I'm so technically un-savvy!

Your new haircut is really cute. It suits you well.

I'm actually glad your belly's growing, that means Peanut is growing too.

Wow, my husband is like 12 YEARS older than yours! I liked your "29 Things" list, and since my 16th anniversary is coming up, I think I will do that too for my husband, only I'll see if I can keep it to 16 things!

That's your mom????? She looks like your sister!!!

Okay, I'm done!!! Lol! Take care!

Oh, and Colin's Show and Tell just affirms that you are doing a great job!!