Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Musings

I.....

~did not sleep well last night at all. Ick. What a way to start off a week.

~have an overactive imagination sometimes and my mind wanders down paths of what could happen in different circumstances....it's not a good thing.

~love all things Bath & Body Works.

~so enjoyed Colin's soccer game on Saturday and the two goals he scored!

~so did NOT enjoy that I got all the way to said soccer game and my memory card for my camera was back on my desk at home. Oy.

~am gonna plant some mums and put some pumpkins out this week. Ahh, welcome back Fall!

~need some candy right now. Chocolate. Ooooh! Fannie May....mmmmmmmmmm.

~apparently will have to make due with a snack-sized Almond Joy, since that is the only thing in my desk drawer at the moment. I'll suffer through it.

~seriously think I have the most creative costume for the boys for this Halloween, and I am so psyched. It will involve me actually "making"--and I put that in quotations for a reason--the costumes, so to my creative and crafty girlfriends: be on the ready for an email or two!

~have been using a good chunk of time on Monday mornings to prepare for all the sack lunches that get packed for the week. I do all my major 'cooking' and preparation--like making two loaves of bread worth of peanut butter & jelly sandwiches (I freeze them individually and it works great), making finger jello, washing bunches of grapes and several other kinds of fruits...that sort of 'cooking'--first. Once everything is made, I take a few minutes and individually bag everything into little baggies. That way, chips, fruit, sandwiches, jello, cheeses, and little treats are all within a quick grab on those mornings when we are working our tails off to get out of the house on time. It's working like a charm so far!

~am addicted to snack size baggies now, by the way.

~am trying to get up the ooomph to figure out all the ins and outs of selling on eBay so that I can list all my 0-3, 3-6 month (etc., etc.) baby boy clothes and earn a bit of cash for Peanut--but have just not quite had a block of time big enough to do it yet. I'll get there....

~can't believe the difference in the way my body is handling this pregnancy compared to even Ethan's, which was only three years ago. While I don't necessarily feel old.....I sure can say with emphasis that I feel older....

~also, along those lines, have strangely never enjoyed a pregnancy more. Even with all the aches and pains, the being winded just walking down the hall, the not sleeping well, the vein and bladder and low-placenta 'issues', and the 'everything else', I am just so thankful everyday for Peanut. It's sad to me when I think about how much I missed with the boys' pregnancies for all the constant wishing that "....it would just be over already so the baby would be here!" I am relishing each and every day of having Peanut kicking and swirling in my belly, and, as excited as I am to meet her in January, am not anxious at all for the time to pass...

~think I need to go catch a few zzzzz's now, while I can, to make up for the ones I missed last night. Happy Monday everyone!


9 comments:

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

let us know when you get those boy clothes up on ebay, i know a boy who would look very cute in them!

Shaina N said...

I think relishing in your pregnancy comes with pregnancy loss! I was so impatient with the first pregnancy, and it seemed to CRAWL (all 10 weeks of it), but now with this one, it whizzes by, and I find myself going "woah, am I REALLY 33 weeks along? When did THAT happen?"

I love getting to know Keevia while she's inside me, and I love the little moments we get to spend, just the two of us! Although I can't wait to meet her, it really isn't a painful thing...nor am I so impatient that it drives me crazy! I'm just loving every minute with her!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I am sorry. . . I posted the same comment way too many times!!

Good idea on the lunches. . . I will have to keep that in mind.

I love fall too! I have been thinking about getting some mums and pumpkins. I keep waiting for it to get a little cooler.

Glad you are enjoying the baby. You look great!

Amanda Hoyt said...

Hope you have a wonderful week, Devin!
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

if Ebay is too much for you to do right now you should see if your area has CRAIGSLIST. It's seriously a GREAT website where you can buy/sell/trade pretty much everything!

website: www.craigslist.com

mommyoflove3 said...

I love all the stories you share about your boys! You look wonderful, by the way!