Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Musings

I.....

~have a daughter who currently has the hiccups. *grin*

~have a son--Cameron--who has taken a liking to whispering. He thinks if he whispers in my ear, the answer will be "yes" to whatever he's asking. It's actually pretty cute. "What do you need Cameron?" "Mom, can you bend down so I can *whithper* in your ear?"

~am just feeling semi-exhausted today. *whew*

~hate having leg/vein trouble, but it's nice to be able to sit, put my feet up for a few minutes, and not feel totally guilty about it. If I don't do it at least a couple of times per day, I pay the price by 9 p.m.

~am looking for a good recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup, as I have been craving it for a few days now. Anyone got one they want to share with me?

~love, on the topic of recipes, this site. I love the Pioneer Woman (especially her cooking section) anyway, but this Tasty Kitchen thing she has done is simply awesome. When I searched "chicken tortilla soup" this morning, it yielded 29 results! I'm excited to spend some time this afternoon checking them out and seeing if there is one that I just have to make. (My fear will be choosing from several that look amazing....) If you haven't seen this site yet--run, do not walk, over there! Ahem. Well, you know what I mean. You won't be disappointed if you love simple and great recipes like me!

~am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thankful Shane's home. Woot!

~feel so blessed that my boys have really picked up where I have had to leave off with my whole 'modified activity' restriction in the last month. It is so cute watching Cameron push a basket full of laundry down to the laundry room for me, or heave Ethan up into his car seat--because I simply haven't been able to do those things.

~just love my boys.

~have heard some hilarious things come out of my boys' mouths over the last several days. I've posted a few of them below--keep scrolling down if you need a couple of good laughs today!

~go back to my doctor for a check-up and another sonogram tomorrow, to check on the low-placenta issue. Please, if you get the chance, pray that all goes well. If I get some more good pictures of Peanut, I'll post them as soon as I can!


Happy Monday everyone!


3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I will be praying for good news at your appointment tomorrow!

Julie said...

Totally will be praying for you!

Julie said...

Oh man, I lost my comment! I hate it when that happens! The gist of it is I'll be praying too, and I never heard of your recipe but saw this one on a blog I was at today.

http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/2008/10/tortilla-chilli.html