Sunday, February 22, 2009

I've always taught him to pray specifically.....

***Reminder: Colin is a five-year old, and his thoughts are innocent...I'd ask that you please keep that in mind as you read this post.***

Colin, to his Sunday school teacher (who was teaching on David and all of his brothers):


"Mrs. B, I'd like another brother."


Of course, then Cameron had to join the discussion. "Yeah Mrs. B, and I want a sister."


Mrs. B: "Well, you'll have to let your Mommy know!"


(Ummmmm.....yeah. I know this already. It's a daily request at our house. That, followed swiftly by "Can I also have an elephant?" When faced with either of these questions, I normally have instructed the boys, "Well, you need to pray about that....")


So, Colin thinks a moment, and then lets Mrs. B know: "Well, I think it would be fine to get a brother or a sister."


*pause*


"But.....Mrs. B? I just want a white one, not a black one. Okay?"



Wha?!



10 comments:

Homegrown Tribe said...

ha! ha! Kids!

britt

Shelly said...

oh my! ha!

Julie said...

Maybe he just wouldn't want anyone to feel different. (You know, because really a kid who isn't the same nationality or race as the rest of his/her family probably does feel a little odd sometimes)

I'm sure he meant it with the best of intentions. Especially since he's such a sweet boy.

(PS, that WAS pretty funny though)

Jen said...

That is too funny!

Laura said...

I was wondering what was going on because Chloe made mention of it this morning...what makes it so funny is how serious you know that he is about it. Gotta love Colin!

Kara said...

You have to write a book, I am cracking up because I can visualize him saying that in total sincerity! Thanks for the smile today!

Natalie said...

I found your blog from another blog, you have a beautiful family. That Sunday school humor is too cute. What a blessing ;D

Natalie

boltefamily said...

So funny!

Anonymous said...

lol thats funny i have to admit -sioby

Sharon said...

I am dying. This is so funny. The other day Noelle was begging for a sister. "Please Mommy, just 1 more sister, who can have long hair just like me." She wasn't taking no for answer! She then tried Daddy "Only 1 more PLEASE, I really need another girl so there will be 2 girls and 2 boys" Poor thing I'm thinking she'll be disappointed. She's come back to it several times since then!