Thursday, October 23, 2008

All my bags are packed.....I'm ready to go

While I won't be "leaving on a jet plane," in about two hours, Shane and I will be heading out for an amazing five day anniversary trip.


We try to get away in some capacity every year, but this trip is the longest we have had in quite some time, and I am soooooooooo excited. Every year Shane and I take turns planning the trip--the destination, the hotel, the activities, the restaurants--it is great fun, but also a lot of work and preparation. I have the even years--it's our eighth anniversary this year, so I did all the planning. (I truly love those odd years, Shane.....)


Grandma MJ is taking off work Friday and Monday and will be keeping my little men....I've said it before, and I'll say it again: they couldn't be in better hands. Still, my stomach is starting to turn flip-flops at the thought of being away from them for so long.


Oh how I will miss these guys so!




But, I know we are going to have a great time--after all, I planned this whole thing *grin*!


5 comments:

Shelly said...

sounds wonder-full! have a happy trip!

Kara said...

Have a wonderful time! I know for us time away just the two of us is uncommon and hard to find! Can't wait to hear how much fun you have!

. said...

Oh that sounds amazing! Deric and I haven't gotten away since we had kids! Well unless you count the emergency trip to rescue my inlaws! Hopefully for our 10th we will be able to, I've got 2 years to get ready!

Kathy said...

Have a wonderful time! Yeah for trips with the hubs!

In prayer for a great time for you all...

Looking forward to a blog update!

Julie said...

YAHOO!! Hope you both have a wonderful time!!

Are you coming to Michigan to visit me?!? LOL