Saturday, October 11, 2008

I actually did it.

I gave my boys a bath.


If you have been a long-time reader of my blog, you will know that this is not something I am a big fan of. We switched to showers ages ago....(click there to see why we switched and how much the boys have grown since their first shower!)


But Kathy's sweet post and pictures of bathtime with her 3 boys totally inspired me.....and I must say, bath time was much different this time than it was the last time I tried it (many months ago)!


Ethan didn't need any help to stay above water *grin*, and they all played and shared tub toys very well together. We bathed in the new bathroom that has a tub with glass doors to keep all of that splashing water in--and there was tons of it, let me just tell you!


While the boys played to their heart's content, I kept a careful eye on them and did a few minor chores (closeby, of course) around the house. I must say--It was actually enjoyable for me! Naturally, the boys loved it too.






We may will have to do bathtime more often!


4 comments:

Kathy said...

Yeah Devin! That is so cute it hurts my heart! Those smiles!

I do have to confess however my husband is a bath time champ...

Thanks for the kind words...

Yeah for booty's that don't slip down in the water and splash guards!:) Love it girl...

Shelly said...

i <3 bath time.
it has saved my sanity more than once! glad it worked for ya'll this time!

Kara said...

Too cute, it gives me hope one day we can do all three at once. Cory does 90% of the baths around here, which is nice for me! Caden and Carter love to splash and make quite the mess. Your boys are precious as always!

asplashofsunshine said...

First of all, this is the first time on your blog. HOW ADORABLE!!! Anyway, I am glad I am not the only one that showers my children. I actually started it for different reasons, the biggest reason being that my daughters hair would not get completely washed in the bathtub. BUT, I always felt funny giving toddlers a shower. I don't feel as self-conscious anymore. You are right though, enjoying a bath here and there is fun too. The pictures are sooo cute!