Monday, October 20, 2008

Illini Homecoming Game

I'm a little late blogging about it (which is currently nothing unusual) but going to last Saturday's Illini game was everything that I knew it would be. Shane and I--well, especially me--had so much fun. A big thank you to Grandma MJ, who, as usual, provided the best care my three little men could ever get!



Here are few highlights for all you suckas that couldn't be there.... *giggle*




Before the game....Lou Henson and Bruce Weber (past and present Illini Men's Basketball coaches) accepting a check for something or other. It was pretty cool to see them both!
Offense getting set on the field

I thought I would try and capture just how enormous the stadium is. The attendance for the day was 68, 385....here was the best I could do on film!

From where I was sitting: the left side of the stadium
Moving from the left to now shooting the center. The end zone area (where all the orange is) is the student section, along with another whole area that you can't see in the pictures


The right side of the stadium, including the new enclosed section up top

And, not pictured was the horseshoe, where we were sitting. It's a huge place!


The students do signs at halftime at every game. Some students are always missing (as you will be able to tell from the spottiness of some of the signs), but it still looked pretty cool from where we were.


Minnesota vs. Illinois....

.....ON.....
....ESPN
Halftime--I'm such a dork, I know, but I love the halftime show.

Shane says I'm totally a band nerd.

By far, the dumbest part of the entire game--the "twirler."

Oh. My. WORD.
She looks like that the entire game, by the way....jetting around to different corners of the stadium, just twirling her little self to death.



Hopefully I didn't just offend any secret "twirlers" who read my blog. You can be my friend if you are a baton girl....seriously. It's okay. Just don't do it in front of me. *giggle*


Illinois did lose by seven (4th quarter was exciting and close--it really was a toss-up right until the very end!) but that really didn't matter all that much to me. I still had so much fun.


It was a really, really great day!


4 comments:

Julie said...

Although I'm really not a sports fan (which is unfortunate when I have children who have played soccer, softball, baseball, football, and basketball...), I don't mind football games. Looks like you had fun!

I'm a band nerd - I was in marching band when I was in 9th and 10th grade (bass drum 9th, snare 10th) and had a GREAT time - and I still love to watch a good marching band!

Not so much with the baton twirlers (but I think that's just because I'm jealous that I'm not coordinated enough to do it myself)

Kara said...

Love all the pics, now I really want to go to an Oklahoma State game! You two look so cute in the last pic...one hot couple :)

I hear you on the twirling...yuck!

Glad you two got away for some fun, Cory and I so need to do that!

Kathy said...

I'm dying about the twirler!
Those are totally things I say in my head!

"...she looked like that the entire game."

I'm so laughing!

:::Hiding my baton:::::

Nancy said...

Devin, that is so cool that you went to the Illinois game. Can't say I'm a fan (wrong part of the country!) but I LOVE college football. My team is GA Tech - love their 1st half, they fall apart in the second half, but at least they beat Clemson this weekend. The pics are great - looks like y'all had an awesome time!

By they way, thanks for stopping by my blog. Sounds like we have lots in common! Don't you love being the queen in the house? It's great!