Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What to do?

I am desperately seeking opinions (a.k.a. help) today.


I thought it would be so cute to dress my clan as something that was a 'group' for Halloween. Immediately, Veggies came to mind, because the boys--all three of them--love the Veggies so much.



Bob the Tomato, Larry the Cucumber, and Junior Asparagus

I found these Larry and Bob costumes online.


Larry--tall and skinny, perfect for Colin....









....and Bob, shorter and rounder, perfect for Cameron. *grin*









I was going on a hunt for Junior for Ethan. Ethan, as Junior Asparagus, I thought, was perfect. The little one of the bunch, always wanting to be included in everything that everyone else is doing. "How great is this?!" I thought to myself.



Until I actually started searching, and found that I can not find a Junior costume anywhere.


I have googled. I have yahooed. I have asked.com (yes, I verbed that). I've checked on eBay. Does anyone have any other suggestions for finding this costume?



And, on the off chance that you don't, does anyone have any suggestions for other cute trios or groups of things? I'm not looking to dress them all the same (for once, right?), but rather as a 'group' of something. I'm under the gun--only 30 days left! HELP!! I will appreciate any and all suggestions!

7 comments:

Julie said...

You could probably make a Junior Asparagus (or DEsparagus as Puckey says) costume pretty easy. Some bright green flannel sewn into a sort of tub shape, and maybe a green knit hat with styrofoam balls painted green and glued all over it?? That's the best I can come up with in a pinch...but I'll keep thinking on that one.

Other group of three ideas...

The Three Stooges.
The Three Musketeers (How cute would THAT be??)
Three Wisemen (although some people might not get that one)

OOH, OOH, OOH!! I got one!!!
What about this:

Colin - the Tin Man
Ethan - the Cowardly Lion (oh my word I can just SEE him in that costume!!!)
Cameron - the Scarecrow
YOU - Dorothy
Shane - the "Wizard" or maybe a tornado??

I don't know - just trying to help out.

Julie said...

Oops, I typed "tub" shape instead of "tube" shape. LOL

PS - when I got the last idea, I really wished for a minute that I had your phone number so I could call you and tell you "in person"!!! ha ha

Anonymous said...

hey dev! can't you just make him an outfit? you are crafty and creative at everything else you tackle! c'mon doesn't that sound pretty easy?

Anonymous said...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/378422/how_to_make_a_larry_the_cucumber_halloween.html

hey dev, you could always see ifthis could work and just find the hat somewhere

. said...

Ok, so I've got the same advice as the others. You could totally make an outfit. I would make a tube like Julie said, but I would line it with thin foam so it hangs better insead on just laying there. Nerf balls would work prefectly on the hat...

Otherwise I was going to suggest Wizard of Oz theme too. We did 2 years ago, we had Glinda, Dorthy, and the lion. You could do a super hero theme and have batman, spiderman, and superman? A few years ago we did a farm theme and we had 2 farmers, a chicken, and a pea pod.. I'll keep thinking.

. said...

I didn't want to be the only one that doesn't leave two comments! :0)

Kara said...

Okay, I am so keeping these ideas in mind for next year! The boys didn't "match" last year and Cole is too little this year so we are going as fireman for Caden and elephant for Carter. I am with the others though, you can make Ethan's pretty easy I would think!