Thursday, December 18, 2008

Deep Thoughts...on Dinner

I'm fairly certain that I am looking forward to the day


when my dinner (or lunch, for that matter...)


will consist of more than


the scraps


from my three boys' plates.


My dinner will be more than


the food that they decided


they 'just did not feel like eating on this particular evening'.*


(*Yes, that came straight from Colin's mouth)


And I'm also quite certain that


the afore-mentioned dinner


will actually be more than barely luke-warm;


it will be piping,


burn-my-mouth


hot.


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.



7 comments:

Nancy said...

I so hear you! By the time I put dinner on the table tonight, Caleb had finished eating and was falling asleep in his high chair. So I put his jammies on, nursed him, put him in bed and got back to the kitchen only to clear the table and load the dishwasher! Oh for a hot meal - guess those are saved only for dates with the hubby! :)

Kara said...

are you reading my mind? i can't remember a hot dinner...we know we don't go out to eat much with 3 little ones!

Kathy said...

Word yo...

But one day we'll miss those glowing (albeit whiny) faces around our table...;)

Homegrown Tribe said...

hot non scrap food... what is THAT??

britt

Anonymous said...

wait a second missy. don't you get a dinner like that just about every friday night????? tell me dinner is in the plan for every date night right??? what's a date without dinner!!!

Julie said...

Isn't it amazing how we moms will eat stuff left on our kids' plates that we would NEVER eat otherwise? Like soggy grilled cheeses or cold french fries? Or half eaten bananas and apples with little bites taken out of them?

Yeah, I can relate.

Lost My Mind said...

What food is supposed to be HOT!!!!! I forgot that. LOL see Mommy brain is good for something.